Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
20355756

I signed a safety plan protective services that said I had

Customer Question

I signed a safety plan for child protective services that said I had to have a drug assessment and a physc evaluation do they have the right to choose my doctors
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Yes, Child Protective Services can select a psychologist or a psychiatrist and a drug assessment counselor or doctor and simply send you a notice to attend either or both on a certain date and time (they usually have a list of doctors that they choose from and use regularly who will do this type of work for them). If you disagree with the assessment of either of their selected professionals, then you do have the right to have your own third party psychologist or psychiatrist and drug assessment counselor or doctor to provide another report that you have the right to have submitted at any court or other proceeding that child protective services might bring against you in order to modify or terminate parental rights.

=

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating in the ratings section at the top of this page (the third, fourth or fifth star) so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating above. Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time this evening. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY