ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Im in coryell county TX. My soon to be ex wife in an

Customer Question

Im in coryell county TX. My soon to be ex wife in an uncontested divorce is now refusing to sign the waiver of service. It has now been over 60 days and I today we were given a court date of 18 sept 2015 for the hearing. Do I still have enough time to serve her with the citation?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Technically yes, in that you can serve her, and she has until the Monday following 20 days to answer. Otherwise the court can still grant the petition (as it would be a default judgment). Otherwise, the court would reset the hearing for a later date. When the citation is returned to the court, you would want to contact the "court coordinator" for that specific court to find out if you need to reset.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!