Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I married 4yrs ago bill my deceased served 20yrs and paid s

Customer Question

I married 4yrs ago bill my deceased served 20yrs and paid his Rex wife of 20yrs she died and he said that if he died first she would. Not. GET ANY MORE OF HIS MONEY SO THEY SAY THAT LEAVES ME WITH NO BENIFITS IS THIS TRUE
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did he ever add you to his pension as a successor beneficiary on the pension?
Can you please explain? Who is telling you this and what specifically are they telling you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dfas whom I. Am talking to I don't know. If this just applys to first wife my husband gave me power of attorny for all his affairs we had it notorized at our bank
Thank you for your reply.
If he did not provide for you to be the successor beneficiary in the documents with DFAS, then once his ex died and your husband died, no other benefits could be paid out. The only way you could be entitled to benefits is if he actually named you on the forms as a "successor beneficiary" and to find that out you need to make DFAS send you copies of the benefit forms so you can determine if he did add you in as a successor beneficiary.