Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have changed jobs which requires me to work three weeks on

Customer Question

I have changed jobs which requires me to work three weeks on three weeks off. I have had the same visitation schedule for ten years. My ex says that she wont allow my wife to have our daughter on my visitation weekends because I m not there. she is pointing to a first right of refusal clause in our custody agreement. I am the non custodial parent (60/40). Can she deny my visitation when I am leaving my daughter with my wife? This seems wrong to me in that my daughter has had a relationship with my wife for a decade. There is no issue of safety, etc.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What does the first right of refusal clause specifically say?
Did your agreement specifically state you must be present for the visitation and that your significant others cannot be with the kid alone?