How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11595
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Never married with father of child Refuses to work together.

Customer Question

Never married with father of child
Refuses to work together. Never helped financially. Does not think he has to because he has too much going on in his financial situation. Does see his daughter every so often but not consistent. Tried to make a plan, he stated every other weekend, has not followed through. Child support has still not been enforced long drawn out case.
What are my rights? I am not dealing with someone who wants to be a responsible person. No matter how many times Ive tried to work out a plan he doesnt follow through. Every excuse in the world of why he can not take care of his child. Im the sole provider..Am I able to move out of the state of Fl for a better opportunity? What are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Please tell me so I can accurately provide you information.
1 - Is the Father on the birth certificate?
2 - Now of the custody/visits are court ordered - this is something the two of you have devised on your own without the court intervention?
3- Is the same true for the child support? Or is there a court order for a specified amount?
4 - What is it you want to do at this time? Do you not want him to have visits? And still pay child support?
Thank you