Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

How to File a Motion to Quash a Subpoena? What form(s), if

Customer Question

How to File a Motion to Quash a Subpoena? What form(s), if any need to be file?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file a notice of motion to quash and for order quashing subpoena. There is no CA form for this. Here is a good template to use for CA: http://pccparalegal.com/files/Legal_145b_Final_Exam_Spring_2008.pdf
Here is what a filed Motion to Quash looks like as well: http://www.scefiling.org/filingdocs/15124/56897/endorse_90821_MotionxtoxQuashxDeposition.pdf
It does not matter what court in CA it is filed in, the format and general principle is the same. So you would have to write your own motion with your own reasons for why the subpoena should be quashed and justify it with your case law.
You file the original with the clerk and send a copy to the other party who issued the subpoena.