Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I filed and when my wife was served - she blackmailed me to

Customer Question

I filed for divorce and when my wife was served - she blackmailed me to going back to sue me and my girlfriend for adultery and threatened not to ever have my son see me again-so i went back to her but now i realize i cannot really live with her- what can i do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In California, adultery is not even a ground for divorce......and there is no such thing as a lawsuit for alienation of affection under CA any longer.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, the threat of her suing you or your girlfriend over the relationship is very unlikely.....and would likely be impossible to prevail if she did sue.

So, if you want to proceed, you'll just have to file again and go through the process.