Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What is the procedure and likelihood of getting the judge to

Customer Question

What is the procedure and likelihood of getting the judge to acknowledge improper testing procedures with dcfs/cps if they force us to only go to places for urinalysis testing that won't follow any federal guidelines, and consider positive results at 1/6 the standard, using a standard that's been outdated since 1998?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response:You need to file Motion to Disregard the Test Results because the test was performed using outdated procedures. Whether the Court would grant your motion would depend on evidence presented by your Experts and CPS' Experts regarding the reliability of the tests and whether the facility did indeed use obsolete procedures. You can obtain Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it actually better to have an expert? I have tons of case studies and reports from us health and human services, dod, dot, doj, sashma, list goes on and these dfs workers just ignore me tell me they're unreliable sources. Where would i find such an expert? What else could i do to discredit their case?
Is it actually better to have an expert? I have tons of case studies and reports from us health and human services, dod, dot, doj, sashma, list goes on and these dfs workers just ignore me tell me they're unreliable sources.
Response 1: Yes, it is prudent to have an expert in addition to your case studies. You need someone to explain the studies to the Court and why the facility erred in conducting the tests.
Where would i find such an expert?
Response 2: Like everything else recently, you can do a Google search for Experts.
What else could i do to discredit their case?
Response 3: I cannot think of anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the courthouse , and i thought i would have had to a file a motion to exclude evidence but either way i ask the clerks office for motion forms and they ask if i was an attorney. When i said no the clerks office told me they didnt know what i was talking about and they didnt have any such thing, and that if i needed something filed i needed to contact an attorney
You do not need an Attorney to file papers with the Court.
You can search the Courts website for blank Motion forms:
https://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=525