Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My fiance and I are going to be married next year in

Customer Question

Hi. My fiance and I are going to be married next year in Norwalk, CT. I had mentioned to a friend who was married earlier this year who we are planning to have officiate. She told me that she also had wanted this person to officiate but that the town she married in, Branford, CT, would not allow it. He has married couples in CT without issue. My question is who do we contact, how do we find out if Norwalk will allow him to marry us?
Thank you
Ana Kristina
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you will want to contact the marriage license division in Norwalk, CT. Below is the contact information.

Keep in mind, that under CT law, all ordained or licensed clergy may perform marriages as long as they continue in the work of the ministry.*****
P.O. Box 5125
Norwalk, CT###-##-####br />Ph:(###) ###-####/p>

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Yes. I read that on the site that directed me to you. The wording is strange and not all that clear. "...they continue in the work of the ministry." Does this mean he has to be an active minister with a congregation of sorts? Please clarify. Thank you.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It means that his certification must be current. That he has not been banished from the career. IT does not mean that he does not actively preach to congregation.