Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I signed up July 2015 course at Farmingdale State College.

Customer Question

I signed up for a July 2015 course at Farmingdale State College. However I never attended not one class due to schedule conflicts. I received a bill in the mail for approx. $2,000. for tuition. I do not have any money. I would like some assistance with this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

When you read the regulations for your enrollment it will state that unless you make the proper formal withdraw of a class, classes or fully withdraw for the semester you will be responsible for the tuition. There is no way that the school can verify if you did or did not attend the classes.

I suggest you can contact them and tell them that you did not attend any classes and see if they are willing to negotiate a lower bill. They don't have to, however. But at the very least you may be able to work out a payment plan with them.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you