Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have to pay child support. I am divorcerd and paying

Customer Question

I have to pay child support. I am divorcerd and paying dollar 700. Childsupport. My girlfriend and I havee a child. I have to pay childsupport to her. Will the first childsupport that I have to pay deducted from my gross income, or does it matter at all?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. What state is this in, please?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Georgia
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
The number of children that are already existing and one already pays child support for and/or is responsible for does factor into any additional child support amount. However, HOW MUCH is hard to say because GA uses a complex formula. You can use a calculator at the link below to estimate how much child support would be:
http://cscalc.gaaoc.us/
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.