Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in Nebraska, I make $50,000 per year, my ex wife

Customer Question

I live in Nebraska, I make $50,000 per year, my ex wife makes about $28,000 per year. We went thru our divorce 2 years ago and now she is asking for more money. I have my son half time, she has my son half time +1 day. She says she's contacted an atty
which says I should really be paying $560 a month for child support based on her income and mine. I also carry my sons health insurance and cover half his daycare. What I am paying now is $150 child support, $75 month in insurance, $250 child care. That's
$475-$500 as is, she want's an addiitonal $400 on top of that. My son now is also enrolled in private pre-school. WHat I would like to do is give her $400 which must be put towards his tuition each month, child care is included in the school cost. So I would
want to pay maybe $100 more overall, she wants me to pay $400 more overall. What do I do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: You are better off having her take you to Court for the increase and let the Court decide because she is not going to agree to anything that you offer her since she has been told by her Attorney that you should be paying much more. When she files for modification, she must show her income and expenses and you would do the same. Because you are already paying for insurance and child care expenses in addition to your regular support, chances are that your support may not increase at all, or if there is any increase it would not be close to the amount that she is seeking. So, if I were you, I would let the Court decide this one.