Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I am about to press charges against a Woman whom of which,

Customer Question

I am about to press charges against a Woman whom of which, abused my younger brother and much more for over 14 years. How many charges can I file at once against her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you the legal guardian for your brother?
.
How old is brother now?
.
Do you have evidence or proof for each charge that would be filed?
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 19 years old, and preared to file himself if needed. We have an abundance of information, dating back past 2005. Court documents, ect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can atach multiple files. Recently I found information on my brothers step-mother (Tina Cline) and her husband (Bryan cline) they have multiple alias's he's my ex-step father. My brothers father abused me as well und er his care as a child, we plan on serving him with as well.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok,then if he is 19, he is an adult and unless you are his legally appointed guardian due to some type of incapacity, then he would be the only one who would have legal standing to file a criminal complaint for any criminal actions..
.
But to answer your question directly, there is no limit to the number of criminal allegations a victim can file in a criminal complaint against the perpetrator of the crimes. It is then up to the District Attorney to filter out the claims and distill them into any charge that they actually filed against the person.
.
I am not allowed to review legal documents for customers as that could imply an attorney client relationship, which I am prohibited from entering int under my agreement with JustAnswer..
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They affected our lives tremendously, we both spoke with a detective today. Each charge we have solid black and white evidence and pictures as well. Could my brother and I charge them together?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
You could both file your own criminal complaints alleging the same things and that would likely strengthen both complaints.
.
But it is the DA who decides to file the charges, you and brother would file criminal complaints that then go to the DA to review.
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much!
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. And I hope you and brother get some justice..
.
.
thanks