Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I dated my husband 3 years distance. In 2013 he proposed to

Customer Question

Hi, I dated my husband 3 years long distance. In 2013 he proposed to me. In 2014 we applied for K1 Visa. This year he came and we got married in Florida on May 29th. Only 3 weeks after we got married, I came back home and all his things were gone. I reported to USCIS, but I haven't gone a response from them. I would like to know your advice
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't start a divorce because I've had mix emotions of hops that we will work things out and also fear. While he has here he became abusive towards me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Physically and emotionally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to report this to the police
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I appreciate you requesting me and I will do my best to help. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I understand the situation. When did he abuse you, exactly, how long ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Physically the day we moved in together. May 7th
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He pitch me until a bruised my arm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That same day he grabbed me really hard from my arm below my elbow and it turned purple
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The next day. He got on top of me to punch me in the face, but I told him that if he hits me I was going to call the cops. He then told me he was going to call the cops. And o told him that he was the one that was going to hit me,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This conversation is private right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He will be verbally abusive towards me too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Things got worst one time he started yelling at me in front of my mom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That last week we ignored me the whole time. I made many efforts to talk to him and work things out but he would ignore me, or be very disrespectful like closing a door on my face
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

I am here, I am just trying to work through every question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then he just left.

1. Please keep in mind this is NOT a private conversation. You are posting things on an open site, and as I am not your attorney, there is no expectation nor is there any sort implied or express attorney/client relationship or confidentiality.

2. Please try to post as one thread--each time you post a new question, it can kick me out from the question, as I am helping others, and I am forced to help those waiting longer.

As far as confidentiality, if that is what you are seeking I would urge you to retain local counsel. You can find an attorney by browsing the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. As far as phone calls, I do apologize but I do not engage in such a service as it may violate my state bar restrictions.

Now, I reviewed your facts and I am truly sorry to hear that you find yourself in this situation. Are you considering filing for divorce, or you do not know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is probably a good idea. What you would need to do is contact your local county family courthouse, speak to the clerk, obtain the packet for divorce, fill it out, and file it. You can also find the forms here, at this link:

http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/family-law-forms.stml

You'd need to serve a copy of it to your spouse at his last known address (which would be where you both reside), and pursue the process. Yes, it is very very important to contact ICE because if he disappeared and you believe that the cause of marriage was a sham, you can report this as fraud, and also seek those as grounds for divorce as well--material misrepresentation is a ground for divorce in Florida.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You think I should get a police report

That is up to you. It won't affect your filing for divorce one way or another. You should only pursue a police report if you are considering filing charges, and that is something I really cannot answer for your as such a choice is really up to you.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have another question. Is there a way I can do an annulment instead?

I would be happy to assist but as you have not rated my previous work, I would ask that you first positively rate and then I would be more than happy to assist you going forward. Please take care and be well!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.