Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My daughter is in a hospital. She has been 6 times since

Customer Question

My daughter is in a hospital. She has been 6 times since April and has done 3 residential stays at non lockdown facilities. I live in California and the DR is suggesting a lockdown facility in Nevada. My daughter is 12 and has suicidal thoughts and self harms. Can I take her without her moms consent? I have been awarded temporary legal custody pending a court investigation. All of this is fluid and depends on bed availablity so I need to decide monday or tuesday.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Is her stay court ordered? OR who has placed her there? Do you have a certified copy of the court order granting you temporary Legal Custody? And that is solely to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter was placed in a hospital on a 51/50 hold after she awold from the residential facility she was in. She has been through hospitals in 3 counties and two residential facilities. The Drs are recommending out of state facilities because we live in California and there are non here. I have asked for an attorney and investigator to help this but it is taking too long. A bed is available and I need to move now. Monday or Tuesday is when I need to decide. Mother is not in agreement but she has her own issues and is in denial. I have temporary legal custody and mom has visitation. We go back to court on 9/30 where I am confident the investigators report will help solidify my custodial position. But this is an emergency and I need to follow the Drs suggestions. I have tried everything else and my daughter is even saying she needs it