ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

If i am cohabitating can I still collect alimony, I can't

Customer Question

If i am cohabitating can I still collect alimony, I can't afford to live on my own and need the roommate
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer,

The legal implication of "cohabitating" is that you are sleeping in the same bed with your partner/spouse. If this is not the case, then you should state in your Complaint for Support that you file with the Court that you and your partner/spouse live under the same roof, but that you sleep in separate bedrooms.

IF I HAVE NOT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION COMPLETELY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE GLAD TO EXPLAIN FURTHER.

IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION COMPLETELY, PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING. YOU HAVE ALREADY PLACED A DEPOSIT WITH JUSTANSWER, SO IT WILL NOT COST YOU ANYTHING ADDITIONAL TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING,

KINDEST REGARDS,

ANDREA

Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have had the opportunity to review my Answer. Is there anything else I can Answer for you, or clarify ? There is no charge for follow up questions. If not, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating for my Answer. Leaving a positive rating will not cost you anything additional, but it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA