Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

As of right now my daughter is out of jail and the charges

Customer Question

As of right now my daughter is out of jail and the charges of murder one were dismissed. Her boyfriend had committed suicide and they were charging her with his murder. Also there were drugs involved in which those charges are still pending against her. At the present time my grandchild is residing with the boyfriend's parents because of a temporary custody order. We in fact have a paper signed and notarized by my daughter saying that we have a paper signed by her giving us custody until further noticed but they will not honor it. I need to know what to do next so I can get my grandchild away from these grandparents. Also if my daughter were to go into rehab what would happen to the child.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

What you will need to do is file for custody in court. What state are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in North Carolina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.