Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a old Pension I was contacted on 13 yrs old, yrs,4

Customer Question

I have a old Pension I was contacted on 13 yrs old , for 7 yrs,4 years I was not married, 3 yrs I was married in Tx. I want lump sum I'm 46 ,my wife will not sign for it. Is there anyway around this ,what if I sign her name . Can I face Criminal charges
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.
Could you review it, make corrections, put appropriate punctuation marks, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently married here in Tx 17 years .I married in 1998, I received a Pension Statement from Chase. Where I worked from 1994 to 2001.I had 3 options and I chose Lump sum option. My wife will not sign the papers for me to recieve the lump sum . If I sign her name for my pension can I face criminal charges
Thank you for the information:
Response: Yes. That is document fraud and you could get in real trouble for doing so. So, you should not do it. You may have to take her to Court to force her to do it since she is only entitled to the interest that accrued from 1998 to 2001. She is not entitled to the rest because you were not married then.