Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

A great aunt of my oldest grandson and I were appointed

Customer Question

A great aunt of my oldest grandson and I were appointed joined permanent managing conservators. She was given the right to establish primary residence and I was just given rights to having possessor extended standard visitation. She is a great aunt to my oldest grandson but is not related to my youngest grandson though. It was a very messy abusive court hearing. Both parents are not allowed to visit or come close to the boys. There was an aunt that was appointment visitation visits for only 2 hours for my youngest grandson only.
I came to find out that the great aunt is allowing for my youngest grandson to and stay with the other grandmother which is the mother of the man who abused my oldest grandson. The court didn't grant her any visitations at all. To add to that during court her son was residing with her.
My question is can I keep my grandkids and tell the other person she will only have visitations with my oldest grandson since she's not related to the younest.
What can I do???
Texas
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response 1: You can, but the better course of action would be to file complaint against the great aunt with the Court and request that the Court strip her of her conservatorship since she is not acting responsibly.
What can I do???
Response 2: See my previous response.