Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm from Springfield Massachusetts and my daughter was

Customer Question

I'm from Springfield Massachusetts and my daughter was divorced April 28 2013 and was given full custody but husband gets them every other weekend Fri to Monday night, and opposite weeks Tuesday to Wednesday at 7 pm then Thurs 4-7 pm. The problem is he's
constantly question ing her judgements and threatening her thru text messaging. He's very quarded in his threats because he doesn't threaten bbodily harm just manipulates by paying child support late or withholding money if he buys them something. I would
classify him as a bully. The children are afraid of him cause he's a screamer and manipulator.we have spoken to 2 lawyers and they say she could get a restraint order ,but if they are with him she can't attend their functions if they fall on his times. Also
how can she stop his manipulation and bullying
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: If he is making threats and withholding child support without a Court Order, your daughter's only option is to go to Court and bring these issues in front of the Court by filing Contempt Action against him. She does not have to necessarily request for a Restraining Order since he is not threatening bodily harm and she is not in fear of imminent physical harm. However, his behaviour needs to be brought to the attention of the Court so that the Court can put him on a very tight leash—one more misbehviour from him, the Court could issue a Restraining Order against him and his name would go into the Domestic Violence Registry and that would not bode well for his future job prospects.
You can obtain the forms to file the complaint at the Courthouse in the Clerk’s Office or online at the Courts website:
http://www.mass.gov/courts/forms/contempt-forms-gen.html