How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27009
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sole cust. or my 10 years old grandson. He has lived

Customer Question

I have sole cust. or my 10 years old grandson. He has lived with me all but 4 months of his life. He wants me to adopt him for his Christmas present. How do I go about granting his wish?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

How did you get sole custody - this is by court order?

Where are the parents - will they agree to the adoption?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Here is the LINK for the Petition for Adoption. It must be filed in the county where the child has lived for at least 6 months.

Related Family Law Questions