Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

In my divorce decree it says my ex is to maintain life

Customer Question

In my divorce decree it says my ex is to maintain life insurance policy and I am to get half of it. At the time of the signing of the degree it was 500,000.00 if he died off the job and 700,000.00 if he died on the job. Is that what he is suppose to maintain
it at or can he change it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
He cannot change or reduce that amount without a court order saying he can. If he does, he's in contempt of court, and you can ask the judge to make him change it back (and pay your lawyer's fees for taking up your time in doing it).
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.