Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

CPS has taken my children into custody today. It was

Customer Question

CPS has taken my children into custody today. It was allegations against my husband using drugs and domestic violence. He has never laid a hand on me or my children. I had 2 previous appointments with my case worker that she failed to keep. She is lying
about the one. I do have call logs. We do have an appt set up for Wednesday at 5 pm but she came and took my kids this evening. She never offered for me to find anyone else to keep them. Now we have a safefy meeting plan wednesdayt morning and a court date
that same day. What are the steps I need to take to get my kids back into my custody? Is what she is doing even legal? That she came and just took the kids without finding anyone else to take them? I am in Oklahoma by the way.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also forgot to mention that he is now in a drug rehabilitation center and is no longer at the home.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
that same day. What are the steps I need to take to get my kids back into my custody?

Response 1: You need to make your case with the Court at the hearing why the children should be returned back to you: there is no abuse of the children or you by your husband; husband has entered drug rehab and he is no longer at home.
Is what she is doing even legal? That she came and just took the kids without finding anyone else to take them? I am in Oklahoma by the way.
Response 2: Yes. If she finds that the children are at risk, she can immediately remove the children from the home.
At the Wednesday meeting, you should inform the caseworker that your husband has entered rehab and he is no longer at home and that the children should be returned to you. Tell the same thing to the Court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the likely hood of them boy being returned to me? She said that there us allegations of domestic violence but there is only 1 police report from 8 months ago.But there was no arrests made. There's also allegations that I'm using drugs so I am going to to take a test tomorrow before court to bring with me. Do you have any suggestions I am representing myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant the kids not them boy sorry for the typo