LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

As part of our Marital Settlement Agreement my wife signed

Customer Question

As part of our Marital Settlement Agreement my wife signed an interspousal transfer deed for the house. Where do you turn these in?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
There is no need to file the deed in the family law matter. Rather, it should be filed in the property records (recorder's office) in the county where the property is located. This will serve to put third parties on notice that the property was transferred to the retaining spouse alone.
It becomes part of the property's history, and supersedes the prior deed.
----------------------------------------
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the information you need.
If I have answered your question to your satisfaction, kindly rate positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Leaving a positive rating does not result in additional charges to the customer.
Thank you and take care!
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JA. If you have further questions please post here and I will reply. Otherwise kindly rate Positively so the site credits me for assisting you today. Thank you and take care!
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to locate an attorney:
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/home.cfm
Should you have further questions please post here to continue our dialogue. Otherwise,
kindly rate positively
as I am an individual contributor and rely on positive ratings to receive compensation for providing the requested information - this does not result in additional charges to the customer, but rather allows the site to credit my account a percentage to compensate me for my time.
THANK YOU!