Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I've been taking care of my grandaughter since she was born.

Customer Question

Good Morning, I've been taking care of my grandaughter since she was born. She has lived with me for 5 years and has attended daycare and now currently attending elementary school. The reason she was with me was due to my daughter negligence and careless behavior, drug use and incarceration. On July 26th, 2015 she removed my grand daughter from where she was visiting and will not give her back, My daughter is unstable and needs mental help. When she was arraigned 2010 the judge stated that the child was to stay in my care, however I never had custody. Please advise what I should do .... thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you had the granddaughter, did you have court ordered custody/guardianship over her?