How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 113509
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to get abusive alcoholic female friend out of home. APS

Customer Question

Need to get abusive alcoholic female friend out of home. APS is involved and in agreement. Sister has HCP health care proxy and does not have his best interest. Dad is an 80 year old alcoholic in declined showing signs of dementia as well. He is being discharged from hospital on feeding tube. Need to get hospital to indicate on discharge papers that dad needs 24 hour care or should not be left alone for an hour. How can I get this support from the hospital.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once APS is involved, it is up to them to take action to remove the person if the sister with the healthcare proxy will not do so. However, if APS is not doing their job, no big surprise there as their social workers are some of the most grossly negligent and incompetent you will ever deal with and they operate on their own personal biases, then you would need to file a petition for guardianship of an adult in the court. You would need an attorney to represent you to get you named as guardian.
Because of the sister being HCP, you cannot do anything unless you are named as his guardian by the court. Once you are named guardian, then you can get him support from the hospital or get him on medicaid and get him into a long term care facility.

Related Family Law Questions