KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

Sunday I called the police ill son. He has been tearing up

Customer Question

Sunday I called the police for help for my ill son. He has been tearing up property and for the past three years I been trying to get help but Sunday he threatened to kill my family consists of me, my daughter n my mom along with himself. His father came to talk with him bc we not together n my son punched his father in the nose. His father hit him back but when the cops came only officer fling gave me problems by first came to search my house without a warrant n second she removed my daughter at 1:30 in the morning. My daughter n son got the same father so she was considered not safe. I had a lite heart attack few minutes after my daughter left here. My question is can I sue for emotional distress n unlawful search on that officer?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am happy to help you out today with your question.
Sorry to hear about your situation. First, I would like to inform you that you have the option with your son of getting the court to get him into a program. It doesn't matter if he agrees. You would tell the judge that he made threats to kill your family and himself, and that is sufficient for them to send him to a program where he has no choice but to go.
In regards ***** ***** search of your house, I don't have a lot of details about that but it sounds like that was a crime that was committed just prior to that search, so if the officer felt that there was some threat to your daughter's safety then she would probably be successful in a case if you were to file against her. Also, you can not bring a case just based on emotional distress, it must be added to other claims, so you would need more than that to file your law suit.
Let me know if you have any more questions about this.
Take care,
Kim

I see that you received my answer. I wanted to let you know that I am online right now if you have any follow up questions.

If not, please close out the question with positive feedback so that I get credit for my time working with you.

Take care,
Kim
Hello there,

Just reaching out to remind you that I have answered your question.

Please take a look at your answer and let me know if you have any follow up questions. If not, please close it out so that I get paid for my work with you.

Thank you and take care,
Kim

Thanks for using Just Answer.

If you don't close our your question then the system will keep your money and I will not get paid for my time working with you.

Thanks so much and take care,
Kim