Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How do I find a pro-bono lawyer?

Customer Question

How do I find a pro-bono lawyer?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help, but my husband removed me from all bank account over a year an a half ago. I have access to NO MONEY AT ALL even though my husband of 16 years (and we lived together for10 years before that) has a pension of $10,600 per month. I am 56, caretaker of my older mildly disabled son (unpaid). I am a displaced homemaker with seven cats. Want to keep the house mostly and get my percentage of the retirement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEED A VERY GOOD DIVORCE ATTORNEY VERY QUICKLY. MY HUSBAND WILL HAVE TO PAY LEGAL FEES AS I HAVE NO INCOME: zip 62901 HELP ME PLEASE ASAP! I FEAR BECOMING HOMELESS, AND I HAVE 7 CATS AND TWO GROWN CHILDREN (ONE IS MILDLY DISABLED AND I AM HIS CARETAKER), OTHER IS ILL RIGHT NOW. I TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE. MY HUSBAND HAS A NEW WEALTHY GIRLFRIEND WHO IS A JUDGE, HE CAN MOVE INTO HER MANSION IS EXPENSIVE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. I LIVE IN A MODEST HOUSE WITH MY 7 CATS. I AM 55 1/2 YEARS OLD. I'M ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON LIFE! CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE, BUT HAVE OTHER HUMANS AND ANIMALS RELYING ON ME. MY HUSBAND IS VERY PSYCHOLOGICALLY ABUSIVE TO MYSELF AND MY TWO GROWN SONS, AND I'VE HAD ENOUGH. HE'S MADE HIS OWN SON WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE. THANK YOU. -----------------URGENT! THINGS ARE CLOSE TO BECOMING PHYSICAL. I THREATENED TO CALL 911 AND HE THREATENED TO THROW AND BRAKE MY PHONE.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
How do I find a pro-bono lawyer?

Response: I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.
Your husband has obligation to support you and the disabled child. It is illegal for him to cut you off and not give you any support at all. You would need a local divorce Attorney to file Complaint for Divorce and Motion for Temporary Support and Expedited Motion to get the Motion for Temporary Support heard very quickly.
You can use the following sites to find Attorney who may be willing to take your case on pro bono basis or without a retainer and then petition for fees to be paid by your husband:
http://ilf.isba.org/
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=illinois%20divorce%20free%20legal%20aid