FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My divorce atterny want to be replaced. can he do that?

Customer Question

my divorce atterny want to be replaced. can he do that?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Who does he want to be replaced with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my self but i want to object

If there is a conflict and the attorney feels that he/she is not able to represent you, then can file a motion to withdraw. If you do not consent to it, then it would need to be set for hearing and you both would need to appear and you could object and argue as to why the attorney should remain on the case. If the attorney shows good cause, the Judge could allow them to withdraw and you could either retain new counsel or act pro se.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
attorney did not submit important documents to the court including prenumptual agreement and a family trust agreement .both document make significant impact on the outcome of the case. and the release of funds that are under previous tro.nnow he want additional fund before submitting a motion to release said funds..I dont have funds to do so because of the tro ,so what do I do

Did the attorney correct this? Why did they not do this?