Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My daughter has an active child welfare case. both children

Customer Question

my daughter has an active child welfare case. both children are in protective custody. her case manager has shared medical information with family members not involved in the case, even allowing the father( in substance treatment currently) access to her treatment records. My daughter is dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and had not told her family, the information was shared with the foster family, who promptly call other family and shared the medical information. dose my daughter have a right to privacy of her medical info?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, of course. She needs to file complaint immediately with the case manager's supervisor. That is an egregious violation of her privacy.