Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My question is me and my husband has been separated

Customer Question

Hi, my question is me and my husband has been separated for 7 yrs.during the separation I was having problems supporting myself and my children. So I agreed to let him get my kids until I got back on my feet. He has refused and has kept my kids. He wont let me get them. When I go to see them me and my kids have to see each other outside. He don't have me on there school list so I can't even see my children at school or anything. We are still married and no custody papers saying that he has custody of my kids. He has just removed me from my kids life. I have all girls five girls and its killing me. I feel sometimes if I can't be with them then y am I here. Oan: He gave me one of my girls back which is da oldest but he won't give me da rest of my girls back....plz help me😢
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that unless there is a court order in place, he has just the same rights to the children as you have. In order to get the children back, you have to go to court to file a petition for custody and also a motion for child support and spousal support. You were entitled to not only child support, but also to spousal support during the time you were separated and the time you had the children.
He cannot remove you from the school records without a court order either, since you have the same rights to the children as he does.
However, now that he is acting this way, you have no choice legally but file the petition for custody and for child support and spousal support against him in court.