Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband has shared custody of s 2 year old daughter. She

Customer Question

My husband has shared custody of his 2 year old daughter. She will be in his custody 168 days/nights (possibly a few more depending on travel) every year. Does he have to pay child support to his ex wife for the time that his daughter resides with her and vice versa?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

There are guidelines and worksheets that will determine how much will be paid. Parents share custody of a child if the child lives with each parent for at least 123 nights during the year and each parent assumes financial responsibility for the child’s expenses during the time the child lives with that parent

HERE IS A LINK for the child support worksheet for shared custody. That should give you an approximate amount

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you