Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I live in IL and have an ex-girlfriend in TX. She calls me

Customer Question

I live in IL and have an ex-girlfriend in TX. She calls me literally 100 times a day and keeps changing her e-mail address to e-mail more than 125 times per day. She's also using spoofing technology to change her phone number. She's also written she'll "shoot me" Can I get a restraining order?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Yes, you can. Generally a restraining order can be obtained for two reasons. First, if you are in imminent danger of serious injury or harm, or in situations where you are a victim of extreme and excessive harassment. Now, it is unlikely that you can argue that you are in imminent danger since you are so far apart, but arguing that you are a victim of persistent harassment should be sufficient under which you can seek recourse.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.