Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I asked if a judge could award my separate property to my

Customer Question

I asked if a judge could award my separate property to my spouse. I want a citation of a case to go to court or demand that this issue be addressed. With no case law and only a vague concept, that will not do anything for me in a courtroom. The attorney
answering my question didn't provide any more detail than I could get googling the question anywhere on the Internet. He only mentioned the construct of fraud. I need an answer that details how a claim of fraud would be used and a citation to a case to use
as reference for research and in citing my position in a declaration.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by "award my separate property to my spouse"? Is this in the context of a divorce? And if so, what is your reason for wanting to do this?