Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

What can I do if I found that my 15 year old daughter has

Customer Question

What can I do if I found that my 15 year old daughter has sent nudes to a older guy but in the message he did not ask for them can he still get I to trouble
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

From a purely legal perspective, if daughter sent the photos without being asked to do so by the guy, then she is technically the one who has violated the law by sending child pornography. If he received the unsolicited photos, then if he keeps them, he could be guilty of possession of child pornography, but that would also get daughter into trouble for sending them..

.

He may not realize this, so you could communicate to him that if he doesn't delete the photos, or shares them with someone else, you will file a formal complaint for child pornography against him. But this is mostly a bluff because that would implicate daughter in criminal activity as well..

.

.

thanks