Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My exhusband has not given me voluntary child support in two

Customer Question

My exhusband has not given me voluntary child support in two months. He finally agreed to give me his last pay check instead. He told me to deposit it into my account but it is not in my name. Can I get into trouble for depositing his check in lieu of
child support payments?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If he endorses the back "made payable to YOUR NAME" and then he signs it, no. You will sign below that in front of the bank teller and all should be good.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did sign it but did not put "made payable to "my name". He just verbally said I could have his check. So if I deposit this check today I "could" get in trouble or should I just deposit it because he agreed already to allow me to.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Well, it would be best if he endorsed it over to you. But as long as he does not later come back and say you forged his name or something like that, then I suggest there should not be any trouble.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I mean the bank should allow the deposit. It is him coming back later and saying you forged his name that would cause you problems

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I see. Thank you & I guess it's better to be safe than sorry
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You can have him put above of his signature the endorsement Made Payable to YOUR NAME IT does not have to be gigantic.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Or he can even place it under his signature.