S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
70026054

I live in California and have been paying support years now.

Customer Question

Hi I live in California and have been paying for Child support for 3 years now. I recently did a DNA test on my "daughter" and it came back that there was 0% probability that I am her bioligical father. I am already the established father through the eyes of the court. I was told repeatedly by my ex gf that i was the father of the child. It wasn't until last year that she started bringing around the same man she had relations with outside of our relationship 5 years ago that i became more suspicious about me really being the bilogical father. I am very hurt at this point and feel like I was decieved. My ex girlfriend on the other is now saying that i knew that I was not the bioligical father this entire time (not true) and even told me to sign my rights over to her and "Jaime Alvarez" (the other man) then. Which to me, means that SHE knew the entire time that I was not the biological father. She is a horrible person that has literally put me through hell and back with custody battles in court as well as with child support, I have lost my place to live and became behind on bills and even had my car repossesed because of the high amount of child support I have been paying. This has been a real burden on me, and now come to find out, I am not even the biological father. Please tell me what I need to do to get my name cleared, the child support stopped, and truth out there. I do not have any money to pay a lawyer so i need all the help I can get. Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I'm sorry for what you've been through.
Try these forms:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl274.pdf
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl272.pdf
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl273.pdf
These are a request to the court to set aside (erase) any judgment of paternity in your case. It's that judgment that requires you to pay child support. This is the equivalent of terminating any parental rights you may have. Until the judgment of paternity is set aside, you're still legally the parent and thus are required to pay child support.
I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.
Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.
Best wishes to you,
Shuband