Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

MY CHILD HAD SURGERY ON S ARM BONES THE PINS WERE NOT

Customer Question

MY CHILD HAD SURGERY ON HIS ARM FOR BROKEN BONES THE PINS WERE NOT REMOVED I MOVED 400 MILES FROM DOCTOR COULD NOT FIND A DOCTOR IN MY NEW LOCATION SO I REMOVED PINS MYSELF WAS CONCERNED ABOUT INFECTION. NOW ITS3 MONTHS LATER AND DOCTOR IS INQUIRING ABOUT FOLLOW UP WITH NEW DOCTOR,MY SON IS FINE BUT MY WIFE AND I WORRIED IF I COULD GET IN TROUBLE , THE DOCTORS HERE SAID 7 WEEKS BUT INFECTION COULD HAPPEN I LOVE MY SON AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONLY THING I COULD DO.MY WIFE IS VERY CONCERED ABOUT CPS TAKING OUR SON PLEASE ADVISE.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You need to find a way to get a doctor to see your son sooner. He needs his follow-up like yesterday. You took a great risk removing the pins and not seeing a doctor. You have been lucky so far, thank goodness. However, he needs to see a doctor now before something bad happens. CPS is not going to do anything to you if he is fine. However, he needs to see a doctor now.