Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If my husband was ordered to pay lifetime support, but he is

Customer Question

If my husband was ordered to pay lifetime support, but he is turning 70 and wants to retire. Will he be able to quit paying me alimony? We were married for 16 years and we have been separated/divorced for 14. I am 63 and can't get my full social security until I'm 66.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: No, he will not. There is a reason the Court ordered him to pay lifetime spousal support. His retirement will no change it.