Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

I have been served with a Family Court Cover Sheet with a

Customer Question

I have been served with a Family Court Cover Sheet with a docket # ***** a county where Mandatory Mediation is required for marital dissolution what does this mean
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
That means that the judge is forcing you to go to mediation (to help you settle your property and custody issues) before you go to court and present your final divorce order. This is standard in family court, since most thing can be handled through mediation and not have to take up court time.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.