Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Purchase the home with another individual 4 years ago. Her

Customer Question

Purchase the home with another individual 4 years ago. Her credit was better than mine so put property in her name. I've maintain half of a financial responsibility and home now has approximately 150000 in equity. Relationship going south, and other party calming I have NO entitlement? What are my rights and what am I entitled to? I have old promissory note for 20000 after sale, but I feel I should be getting half.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand your concern. Just to be clear, only she is on title to the home? Do you have anything in writing, to evidence an agreement to co-ownership? Also, is the promissory note you have an agreement for her to pay you back?