Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My brother just got married but family wants to keep the

Customer Question

my brother just got married but family wants to keep the apart and he is on parole so how long before the marriage cant be contested
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Can you explain to me please what you mean by can't be "contested"?
Is his wife of legal age to be married?
Contested by who - the wife?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my brother Robert just married my brother franks wife sister last week but frank and his wife wants to keep them apart and Robert is on parole so what is the time limit for an annulment
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you.

An annulment is not about time limit. An annulment will only be considered in the following circumstances:

1. The parties are legally unable to create a contract of marriage. For instance one or both is under the legal age of majority or lacks the mental or physical capacity.

2. There is a blood relationship between the marital partners.

3. If either party was intoxicated when the marriage occurred or participated because under duress, there could be grounds for marriage annulment.

4. If one partner misrepresented his or her religious affiliations or hid the existence of a prior marriage, grounds exist.

5. If either partner refuses intercourse, the marriage could be annulled.
6. OR if one party committed fraud. For instance, if your brother never revealed he is on parole and his now spouse never knew it.

Also, please note that the your brother or his wife are the only ones who can file for the annulment or a divorce. They cannot be forced to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Best of luck with everything. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.