Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Divorced 1997. My husband has been ordered to pay alimony to

Customer Question

Divorced 1997. My husband has been ordered to pay alimony to me for life. He sent me a letter requesting my residential address (which I will not give him) and then stated that as he approaches retirement he will be asking the court (which court does it
go to) to reduce my alimony do to "a great reduction" in his wage. He married me knowing that I had had 2 strokes and multiple surgeries during the marriage which led to me having to go on Social Security Disability & Long term sick leave from ,my employer
until age 65.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
until age 65.

Response: The Court that issued the Order back in 1997. He must serve you with a copy of his Petition so that you can respond and oppose it. The Court cannot proceed with the case unless he has made a certification that he has served you with notice of his Petition.