FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My 15 year old daughter decided she was not going to come to

Customer Question

My 15 year old daughter decided she was not going to come to my house on my weekend to have her. She wanted to do something and I told her no to come on home. She had her friend take her to her mom's. She said she and her mom was going to hire a lawyer so she could come visit whenever she wanted. I have court ordered papers. What are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. You do have rights and those are what were ordered by the court. In this case, it would be when it was ordered for you to have the child and it is NOT up to her to decide if she wants to go. You can decide if you want to take her and if she was taken to her moms, her mother should have brought her to you and told her she can not stay, since it is your time. While her mom can petition the court, until the Judge changes the court order, she needs to comply or else she can be held in contempt of court and the Judge is not going to allow her to just decide if and when she wants to see you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks it was a big help

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.