Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can I sue my sister attacking me I felt physically

Customer Question

Can I sue my sister for verbally attacking me I felt physically threatened also for defamation and slander after coming to my home and repeatedly bashing me sing very well things. She was asked to leave many times then she called the police and said I felt her which ice did slap her when I feel physically couldn't the police agree with me and said that it was all she was in the wrong but she got a restraining order on me I wanted voided is that possible and can I see her I lost money from my new startup business it cost me customers and neighbors friends
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

However, before I can answer, I need some clarification. Can you be a little more clear on what your sister did to you? For example, did she tell other people bad things about you? Did she physically attack you? How did your sister cause you to lose money?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you first the situation didn't start with her it started with my nephew who is 6 foot 2 and like 200 pounds and he did put his hands on me he push me I was really scared after that and I told him to leave he stepped outside and said he's going to call the police because I wouldn't give him the video game my sister came over after she was told not to buy her husband and my mother when I told her I didn't want to talk and I I was upset buy now I said let's talk tomorrow with cooler heads she proceeded to bang on my door raising voices yelling screaming trying to get in saying you're going to give me this and I'm calling the police and just started to say very violent things would you do my neighbors out they were my customer base for my new startup our relationship has changed since then I don't really talk to my neighbors now the police after hearing the story agreed with me that I was ok that I was in the right and they left no problem she got a restraining order on me and tried to drag me through court it's causing me a lot of problems I couldn't continue with my startup I had to do a demographic thing all over again my it was just messed up I need this fixed she called me very very bad things and I couldn't take it anymore so I slapped her the police said I was in the right
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

I'm sorry to say that I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. However, I will open your question to other attorney for their review. If another attorney would like to answer, then he may do so. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a good standing in this neighborhood for almost 5 years this one event decimated my friendships and my startup