Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

My daughter turned 18 on July 14th and I was paid whole

Customer Question

My daughter turned 18 on July 14th and I was paid for the whole month of support. Do I owe the dad half of the money back?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If your decree states that you are to pay on the 1st of the month until the child turns 18, then he would owe support for the entire month of July, even if the child turned 18 mid month..Child support is not pro-rated when it is terminated based on the child's date of birth. For some children, born on the 30th, it would be a full month, for other's, born on the 1st, it would be one day. It is not done this way. The final month of support (if paid monthly) is the month the child turns 18. ..thanksBarrister