Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Good morning kindly help my son who lived in Japan Chiba ken

Customer Question

Good morning kindly help my son who lived in Japan Chiba ken for 14 yrs had two children with a permanent japan resident ,my son was politely asked by the immigration to go back to the philippines and get a tourist visa so my son can join his wife and two kids, my son could not file an annulment or divorce his first married wife who by now got three kids with another man before the time my son met his present wife ,I have two questions ...how can he divorce his first wife who by now has 3 kids with the present man ? Another is how can my son rejoin his wife and two kids and marry his present wife who happened to be a permanent residents of Chiba ken Japan ? your honest opinion is highly appreciated Herminando I.Viola -Father
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that if he is married in the Philippines, he has a huge problem about divorce, because they will not grant divorce there. He would have to convince his wife to agree to go to another country with him to get a divorce in the other country. If his wife will not go with him out of the Philippines to get a divorce elsewhere, I am afraid that he has no real options as far as divorce and he would just have to leave and get back to Japan to be with the mother of his new children. He would likely not qualify for an annulment in the Philippines, so he would be forced to do what many Filipinos do, have second and third families and just abandon his first spouse I am sorry to say.
As far as his immigration, he does not want to anger Japanese Immigration or they will not approve his new visa to return, so he needs to go back to the Philippines and he needs to reapply for his visa to return to Japan and be patient, but their processing time is usually only 2-3 months so if he applies now he has a chance of getting back before the baby is born.