Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I had responded to the mail from Samuel. How do I get an

Customer Question

I had responded to the mail from Samuel. How do I get an accurate accounting of my husband's finances as I don't believe he is providing the court with an accurate picture to determine the appropriate spousal support.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you. I suggest that you will need to have your attorney subpoena all those retirement records.
I suggest that once you get all his retirement account records and his bank records to see how much money is in those, you will compare the records to determine if he is being accurate. You may have your lawyer contact a forensic accountant to conduct an audit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if you can't afford an attorney?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf you are acting Pro Se, then you will need to have the Clerk of the Court provide you the subpoena and you will need to make the request for the records. Tell the clerk you need a subpoena Duces Tecum. If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.