Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband appealed the divorce and custody, is been about

Customer Question

my husband appealed the divorce and custody, is been about a year that our case is sitting in the supreme court office in Iowa, there is a sexual abuse investigation against him but this just come out I would like to file a motion to the supreme court to let them know about it but since this is with supreme court waiting for decision, I dont know how to comunicate with them which kind file will be the best Note: i am pro Se and I have represented my self in this case. thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not to participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature. What was the name of the pleading that you filed with the Iowa Supreme Court in order to initiate/defend the review process by said Court?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
No - not the case number. I mean the pleading's name, such as "motion to appeal" or "petition for review," etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I havent file anything yet that is actually my question which plead should I file to inform the supreme court or to update the case

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
This would be called a "Petition for rehearing in Iowa Supreme Court." See here for an example:
http://www.iowaappeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Kragnes-v.-City-of-Des-Moines.pdf
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.