Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My son has joint legal custody of his son. It has gone all

Customer Question

My son has joint legal custody of his son. It has gone all the way through the Nevada Supreme Court. The problem is that his sons mother is constantly harassing him and his family , showing up at my house when my son is working and myself or another family member is watching him here on his custody days. Can I get a restraining order against her ? Or is there any other way to get the court to stop her from harassing all of us. The court papers stipulate there is to be no intimidation by either parties. I do believe that this is on her part.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.If the court order states that there is to be no intimidation then I suggest if the Mother continues to harass the child, family of the child while the boy is with his Father that the Father can file a Contempt proceeding requesting the court to have a show cause hearing. The Mother would then need to appear and show cause why she is not in contempt.If you feel that you are being threatened and that your safety is in imminent danger then you can request a restraining order.Otherwise, you will need to write the Mother a letter stating that she must cease and desist any an all contact with you. That the behavior is annoying and harassing and if she continues the behavior you will have no other option but to file criminal harassment charges against her.That letter should be mailed Certified with a Return Receipt Requested to show the court that you have notified her that her behavior was harassing and annoying and yet she continued.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you